Friday, May 28, 2010

Flashback Friday - Nocera - "Summertime, Summertime" Mantronik Mix

It's Memorial Day weekend the States...the unofficial beginning of summer.

This jam from 1986 reminds me of summer in NYC. Listening to Hot 97, going to the Limelight. This song was played at EVERY party.

I went out with a DJ who made me a mix tape with this song, Joyce Sims and other classics from that era. I still have it. Back in the day, almost everyone and their mother had two turntables and mic.

I finally downloaded this song from iTunes as I haven't used my old Walkman in years.

Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for total flashback (cars pulling up to red lights and this song pouring out!) Enjoy the weekend!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Simone - you're welcome...you too!

dalia said...

joyce sims! lifetime love...ooohhhh gooodddddd MEMORIES! ints ints ints ints high hats and bass bins. thanks for the memory (even though the link has been disabled)... i was little back then, but the music still transports to summertime, summertime...

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Dalia - I have to post some Joyce Sims later this summer. I used to jam to her back in the day.