Monday, February 11, 2008

Writers strike could end this week.


I hope the deal is a good one. The strike has caused a loss of 1.9 billion dollars in revenue. I was talking to an actress friend of mine who told me several of her friends had to sell their houses.

SAG's (Screen Actors Guild) contract is up in June. They have many of the same concerns as the writers. The studios were able to coast for a while during the writers strike (they had stockpiled a bunch of scripts) but if the actors go out this town will shut down immediately. We'll see what happens.

4 comments:

Giulia said...

I could sure use 1.9 billion dollars right about now. :)

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

ha, so could I. I'd even "settle" for 1.9 million.

Jen said...

It will be interesting to see what happens in June.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

jen - people are very concerned. The head of SAG, actor Alan Rosenberg is an old school union type guy. I hope the studios don't try the same tactics with the actors that they did with the writers. It will get ugly.