Monday, February 04, 2008

Gooooooo Giants!


TA-DOW!!!

Yes, The New York Giants won a major upset against the Patriots. Eli Manning, has been in the shadow of his big brother, called boring (why because he doesn't date a super model or have baby's momma drama like Tom Brady?) and used to fumble like crazy. Eli broke it down yesterday. The last minute of the Super Bowl is probably one of the best games I have ever seen.

The Giants who started the season at 0-2 weren't even supposed to make it this far. The team had lost several key players and had a young QB.

Eli's final 83 yard drive was incredible. His 32 yard pass to David Tyree was a thing of beauty. Eli was close to being sacked. The Patriots defenders were tugging on his shirt and he still connected. Talk about concentration, composure and luck. David Tyree got the first down. There were 59 seconds left in the game.

When Plaxico Burgess caught the touchdown I screamed. I called my parents in the Caribbean and my brother was there on a quick trip. He and my sister are very big Giants fans. I called my sister too. I wish I could be in NYC tomorrow at the ticker tape parade in lower Manhattan.

The Giants were 14 point underdogs. Everyone thought they were going to lose and the Patriots would have their undefeated season. Did people forget the Giants almost beat them during the last game of the regular season? Do not count out New York. Man, this team had heart. With only one minute left they were losing and they pulled it off. The Giants defense was amazing as well. Brady was sacked five times.

I watched part of the post-game wrap up. Is it me or is Bill Belichick a sore loser? His attitude was stank during his interview, not gracious at all. That was a punk-ass move for him to leave the field before the game was over. I shouldn't be surprised. This team ran up their scores which is not cool. No wonder they are one of the most hated teams in the NFL.

12 comments:

Eryn said...

Go GIANTS WOOOOO! I watched the game with my Giants Loving Family and we were all so stoked! We even had a champagne cheers at the end of the game.

I'm so happy for them, and yes they really do have HEART!

I agree with you also on the whole Bill Bellchick nastiness. that guy is just fowl to me. I really don't think he has one likable bone in his body! and what was up with him wearing a sweatshirt cut off? what happened to the sleeves? Ten bucks says the cutting of the sleeves was a last minute intimidation factor :-)

Giants WOOOO :-)

Anonymous said...

You meant Eli, right?

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

eryn - it was such a great game. I was so nervous the last two minutes.

anon - oops yes I did. I changed it.

gibber said...

ZAAA DAAA TAY!

OMG, SO AMAZING! SO AWESOME!! i didn't wear my giant's jersey to work like I said I was going to, but I did bring my Giants mug to the senior staff meeting for ALL TO SEE! SO incredible. what a freaking game.

I hate New England. Belicheck is a sore-ass loser, and i hated the fact that everyone thought they were inevitable and wrote the giants off. Sounds like a certain democratic primary race...

DON'T SLEEP!

GO GGGGGGGGMEN! Big blue wrecking crew.

Texas Espresso said...

right - Bill B. is just an ass. I am SO GLAD they lost! WOOHOOO. I thought the Giants did great, defensively AND offensively. HA - In your face jerky Tom Brady! Wish I was a betting gal - I could've made a mint on that game! hehe

did you like the commercials? I thought they pretty much sucked.

YAY GIANTS

Jen said...

This NYC girl was hooting too! YAY!!!! And what an amazing game! And my Benedict Arnold DH was rooting for those stinky NE boys.

And btw... funny NYC tidbit - there's a bar on the East Side called Brady's, but for yesterday, they put up banners and changed the name to Manning's, must for Superbowl Sunday. LOL. My mom and her friend are planning to go over there for a celebratory drink some time in the next week or two.

But that. game. rocked! And I agree about Plaxico - AMAZING!

And I also agree about being nervous about tomorrow (in reference to your comment today).

Anonymous said...

Alright, let's be clear. They were 12 point underdogs. And Manning's performance was highly mediocre -- that pass to Tyree was a wounded duck and younger Manning was fortunate his receiver made one of the greatest catches in Super Bowl history.

gibber said...

Anon, please. Eli didn't make any mistakes in this game. That "interception" was a ball that bounced off of the receivers hands that EVERYONE agreed was catchable. He scrambled out of what was a SURE sack and threw that ball to Tyree. Yes, the whole team stood up and played well, but to call Eli's play mediocre stinks of sour grapes!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

gibber - I have to be honest. I was a little concerned when you said you were going to wear your shirt to work. I mean your workplace is not that casual. ha I agree with your election analogy.

texas - I can't remember the commercials. So I'm with you on that one.

jen - re: brady's I saw that on the news. cracked me up. Tomorrow is going to very interesting.

anon - okay 12 points vs 14. I have to agree with gibber on this one. Manning is the MVP for a reason. Believe that!

Janet said...

We just couldn't stay awake for the entire game here in England. John managed the whole first quarter; I was out-like-a-light once the BBC's teeny little pre-game show started. But we recorded the entire thing on our hard-disc recorder and watched the 3rd and 4th quarters last night, starting at 7:30pm. I have to tell you that even though we knew the result, we STILL were biting our nails. That Manning to Tyree pass was one of the most incredible things I've ever seen! Even John, who has seen many an exciting sports event in his time, proclaimed that he'd never seen the end of ANY big sporting occasion with so much drama. That's big stuff, coming from a Brit.

I'm just delighted for the Giants!

Janet
(another former NYC girl -- if only for 7-1/2 years!)

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

janet - I know what you mean! I can't even watch the replays without getting nervous.

Anonymous said...

gibber -- didn't make any mistakes - overthrows? A sure sack - when no one wrapped him up? Maybe you need to watch the game again.

And I'm not sure how it's sour grapes when I'm merely pointing out the great play of one Giant (Tyree) instead of another (Eli).