Sunday, February 03, 2008

Banana and Nutella Dessert Pizza


In honor of the upcoming World Nutella Day (this Tuesday, February 5th) here is my recipe.

I had dessert at a restaurant that used to be on 3rd Street near Orso. It was made with strawberries. When I went to the supermarket I bought bananas instead; the strawberries didn't look that great to me. This is what I came up with.

BANANA NUTELLA DESSERT PIZZA

Preheat oven to 450 degrees (F)

Pizza dough for a medium (I bought mine at Trader Joes. Your local pizzeria might also sell dough)
2 ripe bananas
Nutella
Powdered sugar
Extra Virgin Olive oil

Split the dough in half and roll out both pieces.
Lightly brush olive oil on top of both. (You could use melted butter as well)
Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. I have a pizza stone but a cookie sheet will work. You might want to line it with parchment paper so the dough won't stick.

Meanwhile mash the bananas with a fork.

Let the pizza cool for a second. Spread a thin (or thick..ha) layer of Nutella on the pizza. Then the bananas.
Add the two layers and bake for 2-4 minutes until the pizza is light brown.

Let the pizza cool for another second and sprinkle with the powdered sugar.
Cut into wedges and enjoy.

Note: My layers weren't as flat as the restaurant's version. My version wasn't pretty but man, did it taste good.
Next time I go the farmer's market I will try this recipe with strawberries.

8 comments:

Jen said...

This must have been nutella baking day. I had a slew of teens over tonight, so I made Nutella-cheesecake cupcakes. It was also in honor of World Nutella Day. My Italian neighbor came over tonight (her daughter is one of the teens in the living room as I write this) and she thought the whole idea was hysterical.

Your pizza sounds delicious. I'm definitely going to have to try that!

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Well you know how much I love the banana and Nutella thing. Put in on a pizza...hello heaven!

Thanks for participating :)

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Um put "it" on a pizza. Sheesh. I need more coffee ;)

erin said...

oh my! I'm craving this. It sounds so good...I will have to try this b/c Nutella and Bananas are wonderful together!

Janet said...

GOOD LORD -- that sounds just fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration!

Janet

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

jen - those cupcakes sound so good.

bleeding espresso - I know you do. ;)

erin - I like to Nutella and spread it on a banana. Simple but good.

janet - you're welcome.

Jennifer said...

Guess what? I will be posting my nutella pizza tomororw. stop on by. http://savorthethyme.blogspot.com

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

jennifer - enjoy!