Sunday, January 21, 2007

Car issues again, Hillary get in the ring, the book

First, I missed my Italian class today because my car started smoking, made a horrific noise and wouldn't start. AAA came and towed my car. One of my belts broke and it will cost me $350 to get my car back on Monday. Sigh.

Hillary says she's in. This is shaping up to be one of the most interesting Presidentials races in decades. There are a bunch of Republicans and Democratics already in the race. It has been years since we haven't had an incumbent or current VP running. I am still doing my research on the candidates. Looking forward to hearing what they have to say.

I spoke to one freelance editor yesterday. The fee? $8,000. Let's just say that is way past my budget. I am waiting to hear back from a few others.

Last night a screenwriter friend took me to dinner at Ago to celebrate my book. She is so sweet. I am still working on it but she said finishing drafts of 300 plus pages is an accomplishment. She liked the book and had some good notes. She is a very talented writer and her comments made my day. She also told our waiter I spoke Italian (ha). He asked me some questions and then complimented me on my outstanding Italian. (ha, again)

2 comments:

Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

Hey there, sounds like things are coming along...when are you coming to Rome again, I forget? We should grab a coffee if/when you are in town... and yes, you DO speak Italian, fun!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Shelley,

I will be there the last week in February. I'll email you when I get closer to the date. I'm staying right in Trastevere,so would love to meet for a gelato or hot chocolate (non bevo mai caffè)

Regarding Italian, the word "speaking" is still a stretch. :)