Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Two weeks

From today I will be on my way to St. Martin. Of course I'm excited to see my family, but I'm also looking forward to sitting on a beach (perhaps Le Gallion, Baie Rouge or Friar's Bay) with a margarita, some books and chilling.

Work is so insane now. Some of my colleagues are irritated every time the phone rings. I love that people are sending me scripts (not!) for me to read over the break. Three of the big talent agencies are shutting down on the 15th, as will most productions companies (including ours). Since I'm a consultant I only get paid when I work. We are shutting down so early I will miss three weeks of pay. Oh well.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Christmas vacation with you family! :)

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Thanks Franca, same to you.

gibber said...

If you bring any work with you I will throw it in the fucking ocean. Promise.

Smooches!

avery said...

ugh, the life of a freelancer. Sorry to hear there's not much work now. sucks. But I so envy you on the beach with that margarita. what a sweet way to spend the holidays. Have fun. Buon Natale!

avery said...

oops, meant to say sorry that when you don't work you don't get paid. it sounds like there is a lot of work right now and your office is quite busy.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Grazie Avery, Buon Natale.

Gibber - nice language, do you kiss your husband with that mouth? ha!

gibber said...

I do, and he likes it!

Anonymous said...

Hey, drink one of them margaritas for me, ya hear? And great news on the book. Enjoy your relaxing and no work!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Thanks Shelley, I will!