Monday, December 04, 2006

Draft number 11, finito! A little good news

I am done with the latest draft of my book. I'm at 81,000 words and 301 pages. I will continue to work on it during the next 2 weeks then print out a copy to edit while in the Caribbean.

Meanwhile an indie film I worked on (the first one I received a producer credit for) was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award. I'm so excited for the director and the producer. The reviews were somewhat scathing, it was a tough shoot (an under 2 million dollar budget with a zillion locations and a pretty big cast), editing drama, plus we shot a big chunk of the movie in the Valley during the summer. One day an extra passed out from the heat. I had no idea the film was even submitted until friends started calling me at work.

I don't know if I'm going to the ceremony yet. It's held the day before the Oscars. I was very happy to hear Daniel Craig was nominated for INFAMOUS. Hopefully he will be there. LOL.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope your film wins the Independent Spirit Award.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

thank you. we are thrilled just to be nominated.

Moi said...

Congratulations on the book! let me know if you need an extra, objective reader. xox e

Kathy said...

Oooh, congrats on the nomination!