Monday, September 25, 2006

World, Hold On by Bob Sinclair, Timberland, Reggae and Eros

I just got his CD WESTERN DREAM from Amazon. It's an import from Australia, so it was a little pricey. I heard the single "Love Generation" at the gym and "World, Hold On" in Italy. Blogger Sara in Milan told me the latter was one of the songs of the World Cup.

I have the Sony Dream system. I bought it three years ago after I started a new job and an executive on the Sony lot let me use her employee discount. I have surround sound, which is great for DVDs and CDs.

I played this CD so loud, I felt like I was back at the Palladium circa late 80's. I love this CD esp. those two tracks. Jamaican Gary "Nesta" Pine sings the lead vocals on "Love Generation" and I love his voice and the message of this song. "World" I listen to it and I forget for five minutes about everything that is stressing me out.

Timberland (aka Tim Mosley) is the producer of the year. I have been a fan of his work since the day he teamed up with his classmate Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliot". I am so feeling Justin Timberlake's CD. "Damn Girl" is very Sly Stone, and "My Love" is a track that would make Prince proud. I can't believe this is the same guy who was in N'Sync. I'm not mad at Justin at least he tries different things. I know some of his fans really dislike "Sexyback". I love the beat (lyrics are whatever) and it's a great song to work out to. I am feeling so not sexy so maybe this song can inspire me to get "my sexy on."

The other new CD I can't get enough of, is a b-day CD JC in NYC (thanks J) burned for me. I thought I knew my reggae. Some of these artists I have never heard of. I love Delroy Wilson, Toots and the Maytals, The Ethiopians and Laurel Aitken. I am counting down the days to my arrival at Princess Julianna Airport, SXM. My sister and I have vowed to go to the beach the first day we arrive, if only for a minute. Le Gaillion, Baie Rouge, Friars Bay, any of those beaches work for me.

Eros Ramazotti's NINE another birthday gift (thanks fe), is one of my favorite CDs to write to. I understand maybe fifty percent of the lyrics. I googled them and tried to translate them on my own, then pulled up the English versions. I wonder if that is his real first name. I have to add he is very attractive.

I don't know what I would do without music.

2 comments:

Sara, Ms Adventures in Italy said...

I am putting together an iMix of my workout music that I'm going to post soon! Yay music!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

I will look out for it. I can't get an Ipod until I get a new computer.