Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Francesco Totti

Not that I'm shallow but that man is fine. Oh how I wish I was his thumb yesterday. On Erica's blog she has a photo of the Dolce & Gabbana underwear ad the team shot. D&G designed the uniforms for the national team. People were losing their minds over the game yesterday on the NYT's soccer blog. All those haters need to shut up. It was a stupid foul. The ref did not give them the game. The better team won.

Speaking of Italians, Giampiero called me yesterday afternoon to invite me to a dinner party. He still has an apartment in L.A. and is in town until tomorrow. He is shooting two shows in Rome so this was a short trip to renew his work visa. Last night he said my Italian is getting better. I'm not taking it this summer, so I hope I don't forget everything. I might meet with a tutor a couple times a month. I really need to understand the subjunctive verb tense before I move on to Advanced Italian. Giampiero told me to email him in Italian and he would correct them.


I had an event at CAA before the dinner which was fun because I got to see some people I haven't in a while. I'm bummed that one friend (a real friend not a industry friend) who I haven't seen in ages came up to me said "hi" and left two seconds later left to talk to one of the agents. I get that these are work things and you have to schmooze. However, some of my other friends who are just as busy were able to have a conversation. Real conversations.

Dinner was very good but I only ate a little pasta. He held it in the courtyard of his building. It was way too late for me to eat. When I left at midnight people were still there drinking wine. I am usually in bed by 10:30 so midnight on a Monday is pushing it. I still got up at 5:30 and went to the gym. I have to get this post Italy weight off. I also need to continue to put more effort in my wardrobe. I got several compliments on my outfit last night, even from some of the male agents. Maybe I should wear blouses, skirts, and heels more often.

One of my studio exec friends was telling me about her new boyfriend. He works for a film company overseas and they saw each other during the Cannes film festival. I forget which country he from. It's funny, a couple of my single female friends are dating men on other continents. Talk about long distance relationships.

3 comments:

gibber said...

ESPN sucks, but I thank them for the long close-ups of Totti's face before he made that kick. Fine is an understatement. That man is SMOKIN!!!!

And my husband, the soccer expert, said it was a totally legit call. So the haters need to chillax.

Kathy said...

I posted this on my blog too, but I wanted to make sure you see it!

I can't even tell you how nice it is to hear from somebody who has been there and really understands! Everyone here tells me to get over it, which just angers me. They don't understand the effect of that place - I've already pre-booked the villa I stay in for next June!

I'm on the West Coast too, and I know what you mean about getting to Europe - it takes me about 24 hours to get there!

It's nice to meet you, we can be in a funk together! :-)

And BTW, Francesco Totti is extremely hot! I was having a great time watching the World Cup while in Italy!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

yes gibber you bring up a very, very important point. I wish I had TIVO just for that close up.

kali, LOL. I am trying so hard to snap out of my funk. Most of the people who tell me to get over it, don't travel so I just ignore them :)