Thursday, January 05, 2006

Miami international airport sucks!!!

So here I am at midnight typing on one of those phone/internet things. St. martin and anguilla were amazing. I miss my family already. My friend had fun despite the hospital visit to one of my relatives (long story), island time service, and spending New Years watching Godfather 1 instead of fireworks.

I had a great time until I tried to leave the island. flights had to refuel in San Juan since SXM ran out of fuel. So we missed our connecting flights. Since it's not American's fault they are not obligated to pay for our hotel rooms. so I decided to stay in the airport since my stand by is at 8:00 a.m. and I should be here at least 2 hours before the flight. I am so beyond livid at how disorganized everything was. We were told to go directly to our connecting flights. 5 minutes before the plane takes off, all of us from the sxm flight were pulled off since we did not go through customs. After customs, another long ass line only to find out all flights until 5:00 p.m. tomorrow are sold out. ugh!!! This is not a good way to end a two week trip.

I hate this airport. There is always drama. Last Christmas we almost missed our connecting flights and my brother's luggage took three days to arrive. I paid $1200 for my ticket and it takes almost 9 hours of flying time plus a couple hours waiting time, connecting etc. The least they could do is give us some accurate info. I hope to be back in LA tomorrow.

I'm too tired and pissed off to write more about my trip. I'll try this weekend.

My friend notice how great her skin looked after only 2 weeks. I have been dealing with a dry patch on my left cheek since it started to get "cold" in LA. Now it's gone, skin flawless. Of course staying overnight in this stupid airport and eating Burger King (for the first time in over 15 years, it was the only thing open) might jack up my skin. I will add there is a very eclectic crowd in the airport.

Okay, now I am going to try and find a spot and sit until 5:00 a.m.

No comments: