Thursday, January 19, 2006

1 pound down 11 to go!

I thought I was going to get sick during our bootcamp class at the gym this morning. However, I was motivated to push on through after weighing myself before class. I have to keep middle age spread in check, esp. in my business. Hello a size 6 is considered big.

I'm not on a structured diet, just trying to eat better. I actually made it through a weekend without eating popcorn. I realized I was always eating that or candy while reading scripts. Not a good habit. I can't go cold turkey so I will have one weekend in Feb. where I'll treat myself.

Now Trader Joe's is opening a store in my old neighborhood. From today's NYT's:

At 15,000 square feet, including the wine shop, the new Trader Joe's will be less than a third the size of the Whole Foods that opened last year at 4 Union Square South. Balducci's recently opened a 10,000-square-foot store at Eighth Avenue and 14th Street, Garden of Eden has a store at 14th Street and Fifth Avenue, and four days a week, the city's flagship Greenmarket is in Union Square.

Man, all that great food right there. I ate more when I lived in NYC but weighed 10 lbs less. I used to walk everywhere, even during the winter. Now I can't stand being cold. How did I ever go to college in upstate New York? My brother was right, LA has made me soft.

No comments: